Anything on wood looks marvellous and today I am here with a great tutorial on how to transfer a photo into a piece of wood. Yeah you heard that right it is possible and this tutorial will show you how.
- A piece of light color wood as per the size of picture you want to transfer.
- A picture you want to transfer. (Use a photo editing software to reverse it and then print)
- Matte gel medium (found in the acrylic paints section of the art store)
- Wood Finish of your choice.
- Spare Gift cards or Greeting cards.
- A piece of towel rag or a sponge.
Step to Transfer Photo to Wood
- First clean the piece of wood with a damp cloth.
- Apply the Matte gel Medium all over the wood using a brush.
- Also apply it on picture.
- Stick the picture on the wood and using your credit card slowly push air out from centre toward the corners.
- Now let it dry for about 6-8 hours.
- Pick the frame up and make the towel rag / sponge damp with water and scrub off the paper on top.
- Once the threads of paper starts coming off roll them off using fingers.
- Now just let it dry and then apply the wood finish you purchased to make your art piece last forever.
Also here is a great Youtube video for your help. If you like the post do share it on facebook, whatsapp or social media channel of your choice.